Monday, January 7, 2008

Quick update....

We had our Dr. appointment today (to follow up the ultrasound) and everything is great! There were a couple things the tech had told us at the ultrasound (low lying placenta and mild placenta insertion) that alarmed us...but Dr. Hodges reassured us everything was OK!! Phew! He said low lying placenta's never "turn" into placenta previa. Either you have it, or you don't and I don't. I was a little concerned (and he could tell) so he said he would give me another ultrasound around 34 weeks just to make sure everything was where it was supposed to be and that it would be possible for me to have a vaginal birth. The other issue is such a non issue...they just note where the umbilical cord inserts into the placenta for delivery purposes. Nothing out of the ordinary.

On another note...we decided on a name...if you ask me nice, I might tell you :)

We will post a 21 week belly photo in the near future. I feel like I am getting so BIG...but I know it's just the beginning!!

1 comment:

Jason Nerothin said...

ooh, share the name.. please please! I live for this stuff.. I can't wait to see the little guy, too! Shelley